District Sports Stadium
Collectorate Master Complex
Nagapattinam - 611 001
Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
One of the major economies of the District, Agriculture contributes a higher share of Rice Production in the State. We have raised so many important agricultural crop in our District. Rice, Groundnut, Pulses, Gingelly, Sugarcane and Cotton.
Itis one of the most important seats of Sakthi. The temple, Lord Siva had annihilated Yama, the God of death and destruction to save the life of Markandeya and bestowed immortality on him. Inside the precincts of the temple of Arulmigu Amerthakadeswarar is located the temple of Shri Abirami Amman Temple.
In order to cultivate sporting among the Coastal community, Beach Sports is being organised every year. Volley ball, Football and kabbadi are the events that makes up this annual bonanza. For More Information Contact
Sports and youth welfare
This District Unit of the Tamil nadu Sports Development authority implementing all the state's sporting and other physical health care activities at all layers right from kids to aged. This Stadium is housing all necessary facilities like Swimming pool, Indoor courts, Gym etc., The District sports officer heads a team of coaches for various games and other field supporting , administrative staff
Construction of Multi Speciality Indoor Complex
Foundation stone was laid for Construction of Multi speciality Complex for Indoor games by Honble. Fisheries Minister was accompanied by District Collector went on in the Present District Sports Stadium on 17/09/2015
Over 700 persons participated in the district-level monthly sports competition, which concluded at the district stadium here recently. Swimming and athletics events featured in the competition, which was organised by the Nagapattinam-unit of Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu. The competitions would be conducted for September and October as well. Sportspersons would be selected for the state-level competition to be held in Chennai.
District Collector gave away prizes to the winners in the presence of T. Basildas, District Sports Officer. Flood lights established at a cost of Rs. 1 lakh, sponsored by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, for the volleyball court in the stadium was inaugurated by District Collector .
- Our Coaches [Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Athletes] Conduct regular coaching program to the schools and College Students throughout the year.
- Technical assistance of coaches in organizing and administration
following others Department Sports activities like
- Forest Department
- Police Department
- Fire Service Department
- Labour Welfare Department
- Conducting physical efficient test for Police personal Recruitment.
- Technical assistance of coaches in conducting private club Athletic, Football, Basket Ball and Volley Ball Tournaments
- Acting as Technical delegates of Bharathiar day sports[BDS] and Republic day sports[R/D] meet organized by Department of School Education.
- Participating in Inter Collegiate sports and game activities.
- Technical assistant in infra structure development of play fields of various institution.
- Coaching of various level of sports men and women to participate in State, National, and International level competitions.
- Summer Camps are Organized, Every Year to give training on Various Games
- Republic Day sports [below 10th std] and Bharathiyar Day sports [11th and 12th std] winners and Runners in all disciplines
- Rs. 600/- and Rs. 400/- respectively
- University Winners and Runners
- Rs.6500/- and Rs.5000/- respectively
- Retired sports persons
- Rs. 500/- per month.
Our vision is to empower a sustainable sports culture and create world-class sports infrastructure in the State of Tamilnadu.
To promote and encourage quality participation and performance by Tamilnadu sportspersons at national and international events through recognition, quality training, support schemes, and world-class infrastructure.
The main objectives of the Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu are as follows:-
- To promote and develop sports activities and to formulate and implement plans for the promotion of sports and improvement of standards of sports and games in the State.
- To implement the existing schemes for the promotion of sports and games and for improvement of standards in sports and games in the state;
- To identify talented sportspersons, to train them and to render suitable financial assistance so as to enable them to participate successfully in National and International sports competitions.
- To give various incentives and awards to eminent sportspersons so as to motivate them to attain higher levels of achievement.
- To plan and develop sports infrastructure at various levels in the State.
- To initiate, undertake, sponsor, stimulate and encourage research and development of sports related medicines, bio-chemics, psychology and other allied sciences.
- To recognize special needs of the differently-abled persons and to facilitate their participation in sports and games.
- To take steps to encourage adventure sports in the State.
- To establish, run, manage and administer sports and games institutions existing or new, and to perform the activities and functions of such institutions wholly or partially.
- To provide for advance coaching in various games and sports.
- To promote physical fitness and to inculcate sports and health consciousness amongst the masses for regular participation in games and sports and to make the State healthy and strong.
|Sl.No||Name of the Scheme||Financial|
|1.||Residential Coaching camp for out standing students from World||93,800|
|2.||District level Summer Coaching camp||8000|
|4.||State Games Block Level||40000|
|5.||State Games District level||58300|
|6.||State Games Samathuva Pongal Kabaddi||15400|
|7.||Anna Cycle Race||3000|
|10.||Promotion of & Sports Games-Inter School Competition||60000|
|11.||National Festival for Women Sports-Block level||8000|
|12||National Festival for Women Sports-District level||3000|
|13||Carrom Competition District level||18750|
|14||PYKKA Block level Sports||760000|
|15||PYKKA District level Sports||290000|
|16||Hockey League District level||3800|
|17||Marathon District level||10000|
|18||World Beaters Talent Spotting Scheme Education District level Competition||25360|
|19||Sports hostel / sports school District level selection||3000|
|20||World Beaters Talent Spotting Scheme Education District level Non-Residential 5days coaching camp||25360|
|21||District level state Govt. Employee sports||10000|
|22.||District level Handicapped sports||10000|
|Entrance||Front Veiw||Right side View|
|From Indoor Stadium||Flag Post||From Indoor Stadium|
|Indoor Stadium From Pavilion||Notice Board||Indoor Stadium|
|Wooden Court - View 1||Basket Ball Ground||Wooden Court - View 2|
|Cycle & Walker Equipments||Power Gym|
|Weight Lifting||Weight Lifting Equipments||Weight Lifting|
|Sl.No||Association||President||Secretary with full address||mobile|
295-co-operative nagar, 8th cross, 11th avenue, S.S.Nallur[Po], Mayilduthurai 609118
71 Kabilan Illam, Nambiyar nagar road, Velippalayam, Nagapattinam
Perumal north street, Nagapattinam
Public Office road,Professional courier [opp] Nagapattinam
|12||Weight Lifting & Power lifting||P.Rajagopal
|Sl.No.||District||Discipline||Name of the Coaches||Regular/contract||Contact No.|
Regular activities during the year, Month wise
- District level sports school/Hostel selection for Boys and Girls [for Class 8,9 and 11]
- Sports Hostel/School State selection for Boys and Girls[forClasses 8,9 and 11]
- Summer Coaching camp for Under 16 years boys & girls inMajor games. [Athletics,Basketball,Football,Hockey andVolleyball]
- District Level catch them Young tournaments in Major games.
- District Level State games.
- District Level Anna Cycle Race
- District Level All India Rural sports selection for Boys & Girls
- District Level Women Sports Selection
district level committee
Sir Isac Newton Educational Trust
Area Commander, Home Guard.
- D Julius Vijayakumar
Nagai Dist. Cricket Association
- A Kannan
Nagai Dist. Football Association,
Oil & Natural Gas Commission.
Non Official Members To Be Nominated By The District Collector
[Two Sports Philanthropists]
[Active Sports & Games Assn by rotation]
[Representative of Private Company by rotation]
[District Forest Officer]
|2||Vice-Chairman||Superintendent of Police|
|3||Member||Chief Executive Officer of the District Panchayat|
|4||Member||Chief Educational Officer|
|5||Member||Inspectress of Girls schools|
|6||Member||Joint director of Medical Service|
|7||Member||Director of Phy. Edn. of Local Universities|
|8||Member||Regional Inspector of physical Education [men &women]|
|9||Member||Youth Co-0rdinator, [Nehur Yuva Kendra]|
|10||Member||Programme Co-ordinator. N.S.S|
Regional Senior Manager
Sports Development Authority of T.N.