Room No. 107, First Floor
Nagapattinam 611 003
the site manager
The site has been designed,develped, hosted and Maintained by National Informatics Centre, Nagapattinam for the District Administartion of Nagapattinam, Government of Tamil Nadu, INDIA
- To manage building contracts on-site, liaising with the Contracts Manager, client, sub contractors and other trades, co-ordinating all aspects of the works so that the building project is completed in line with the requirements, within budget and on time.
- Have a commercial understanding of the project, advising and implementing cost savings at all times, and represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings with those associated with, and affected by, the building project.
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to plan the project effectively, by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, design drawings, health and safety proposals are all read, understood and agreed, and that a project programme is in place.
- Set up an emergency plan and general site facilities for the project, ensuring that these are in line with the health and safety proposal.
- Form and maintain the storage facilities and manage stock planning so that stock, materials, plant and tools are organised to meet the timescales for the project.
- Form a secure site, including access and egress.
- Formulate a material schedule for the project, including take off from issued drawings and specifications, and produce requisitions as far ahead of programme periods as possible to enable best prices to be obtained by the Purchasing Department.
- Produce a labour schedule in conjunction with line manager and project surveyor to ensure sub contractors packages are placed in time to meet the programme. Maintain the schedule and track progress, keeping records on file and copying weekly records to line manager/ office.
Health, Safety and Security
- Provide first aid facilities, ensuring there is a first aid area (kept clear), first aid stocks/facilities are kept clear
- Ensure safety to public, site visitors and staff on site at all times, ensuring that preventative measures are taken, including personal protection, following safety instructions and following all aspects of the health and safety proposal for the site.
- Maintain security of completed works, perimeter barriers, stored materials and plant, at all times during the project
- Supervise and manage all site based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work, to include; carrying out safety inductions; tool box talks; controlling quality of work; ensuring method statement and order fulfilment; cleanliness & tidiness; the use of plant and tools, waste reduction; upkeep of plant and facilities; use of personal protection equipment/wear,
- Ensure that all works carried out are undertaken within current codes of practice eg for brick work, plastering, carpentry etc and that works are are to the required standard
- Check that all materials used, including those used by sub contractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications.
- Keep photographic survey of all site operations and works and forward to the office via line manager.
- Maintain and track deliveries, ensure that stock and materials are deployed properly, off load/check all deliveries to relevant storage facilities, and manage stock issue, adhering at all times to operational needs and with due regard for health, safety and security.
- Communicate effectively at all times with the client, client's representative, project architect, project engineer, local authorities, residents (if applicable) and all persons affected by the project, representing Thomas Sinden with professionalism, integrity and honesty.
- Liaise daily with the project surveyor and line manager.
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project, either on site or in offices.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for site attendance, site induction, tool box talks, accidents, good received, weekly site records, site safety inspections, plant register records, scaffold report records and all staff related forms / administration.
- Produce TQ sheets and resolve these with the relevant person, ensuring directives are undertaken and also maintaining records of these items, including site instructions received.
The Site Manager
The District Informatics Officer
National Informatics Centre
The Content Manager
The Personal Assistant[General] to Collector