A Client-Server Model of Payoll Application which caters to the needs of Pay Processing Officers has been installed in many offices of this District which covers Revenue Department, Treasury , Development etc., This helps generating monthly Pay Slips and various Earnings/Deductions Schedules.
Land Records Management
A Complete work Flow based Application includes all transactions on Rural Land Management of the District. This Application is installed in all the Eight taluks on a High End Server ,exclusively for this purpose , along with two thin Windows Clients to enable Multi user functionalities. The Data is also being Replicated to the Central Server at chennai for making due schemas visible to the Public via Internet.
Certificates Management System
This online , web enabled Apllication, also ensures work flow paradigm it it, makes the Registration with respect to Birth, Death, Nativity and Income and generates certificates from it. This also provides citizens to query on various parameters and generate certificates in portable format
An Application for the Fisheries Departmet. This web based Application enables the authorities to Register, Issue Passes and monitor the Fishing Vehicles across their marine jurisdiction. This helps Fishing community in availing domain specfic aids and support from the Government. This also keeps track of the Vehicles and their duration and various aids to catch fishes.
VAHAN & SARATHI
An Application for the Transport ,Total Solution to the Road Transport Management at the District level. This include two packages viz.
Anything and Everything related to Vehicle, An work flow modeled Application to manage entire transactions with respect to Vehicle Purchase, Registration, Alteration, Endorsement etc.,
An Interface to manage the Operands of the Vehicles. Starts from Fees Collection, Issues of Learner License to Issue of Photo laminated Driving License, It takes care of entire activities of the Transport Office.
This Applications has been installed at RTO, Nagapattinam and the Unit Office , Mayiladuthurai. These two office are connected on a VPN connectivity to the State Transport Office to arrive at a state level monitoring and the Data is also being replicated to the Central Servers for providing information on Internet. This is one of the Flagship programmes under the National E-Governance Programme [NeGP]
The e-Government is described as "the ability to obtain Government services through non-traditional electronic means, enabling access to Government information and completion of Government transaction on an anywhere, any time basis and in conformance with equal access requirement". It enables to reshape the Government sector and build relationships between citizens and the Government.
Role of e-Governance
- Automation of the Office Administration.
- Uses information and information/communication technology provided by the Government sector for public administration.
- Produces public information to which citizens must have access.
Automation of the Office Administration
The services provided by this centre includes development & implementation of Application Software Packages for the use of Government Departments, User level Training, E-Mail and Internet services. The following Government Departments/Sectors have automated their administrative activities
- Revenue Staff Review Meeting Reports
- Gun License Monitoring System
- Cinema Theatre License Monitoring System
- MIS on Urban Land Tax
- Srilankan Refugees Monitoring System
- MIS on Flood damage and Rehabilitation
- Pay bill and General Provident Fund Schedules
- Minor Irrigation Census
- Budget Allotment & Expenditure information System
- Drought Relief / Mitigation works
- Personnel Information System
- 20 Point Programme Monitoring System
- Plan Performance Monitoring System
- Priority Schemes
- Internet KIOSKs - Computer centres setup in 41 Village Panchayats under Panchayats Computerisation Scheme.
- Panchayat Service Delivery Centres ( Computer Centres ) Setup in 32 Village Panchayats under RSVY Scheme.
- 'PRIA-Soft' - Panchayat Raj Institutions Account Monitoring Software in 66 Village Panchayats.
- Payroll System for all 14 Block Development Offices.
- Employee Personnel Information System
- Eco-Stat Price Monitoring System
- Rainfall Monitoring System
- Crop Forecasting System
- Agriculture Wages Monitoring System
- Agriculture Census
- Livestock Census
- Prices of Commodities and Vegetables Monitoring System
- Kerosene Distribution System
- Taluk-wise Public Distribution System Achievement Monitoring System
- National Malaria Eradication Programme Information System
- MIS on School Health Programme
- MIS on Family Welfare Programme
- Pulse Polio Immunisation Monitoring System
- Micro Level Target Fixation of all Health Sub-centres
- Budget Control Expenditure statement
- Vital Statistics
- Child Survival and Safe Motherhood Programme Implementation (Form-9)
Public Grievance Redressal Cell
- Public Grievances Redressal Monitoring System
- Chief Ministers Special Cell Petitions Monitoring System
- MLA/MP's Petitions Monitoring System
- Mass Contact Programme
- Old Age Pension Distribution System
- Small Scale Industries Online Registration System
- Prime Minister's Rojgar Yojna (PMRY) Reporting System
- Dissemination of various Government Exam Results
- Training to the Government Department Officials
- Network Connectivity (LAN) to all Departments in Collectorate Building & Dial-up Connectivity to all other Departments in the District
- E-mail Connectivity to the Government Departments
- Website Development of the Government Departments
- Computerization of Land Records
- Old Age Pension Scheme
- Certificate Monitoring System
- Payroll System
- Personnel Information System
- Touch Screen Kiosk Information System
- Officer-wise Small Savings Collection Progress Monitoring System
- Head Post office-wise Small Savings Collection Monitoring System
- Block-wise Small Savings Agents Information System
- Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Marriage Assistance Scheme
- SC/ST Students Scholarship Monitoring System
Tamil Nadu Integrated Nutritious Programme (TINP)
- Monthly Progress Reporting System
- Expenditure Reporting System (Reconciled / Unreconciled)
- Guideline Value of all streets / Survey Nos.
- Issue of Encumbrance Certificate
- Certified copies of Registered Documents
- Registration of Marriage
- Preparation of Property Valuation Statement
- Downloadable forms of all Registration documents
- Computerisation of Daily Input (Payments and Receipts) of all Sub-Treasuries and District Treasury and data validation
- Computerisation of Main Accounts and 45 Sub Accounts from the Input Data collected from all Sub-Treasuries and District Treasury
- Budget Monitoring System
- Pension Monitoring System
- Stamps Accounting
- Payroll System
- Employee Personnel Information System
District Passport Cell
District Passport Cell has been operational since Feb 2002. Applications for New Passports and Renewal of Passports are being received, scrutinized and Police Verification done locally and then forwarded to the Regional Passport Office, Trichy for getting Passport. The details on receipt of applications are sent daily through E-mail to the Regional Passport Office. This facilitates in expediting the services to the public.
District Election Computer Centre
- Computerisation of Electoral Rolls
- General Elections - Randomized Posting of Polling Officials and Counting Officials
- Election Result Dissemination
District Rural Development Agency (DRDA)
- Rural Development Monthly Meeting Particulars
- MIS on Drinking Water Supply System
- MIS on Hand Pumps and Power Pumps
- MIS on Street Light Maintenance
- MIS on Intensive Sanitation Programme
- Work Progress Monitoring System
- Scholarship Information System
- Bonded Labour Survey
Backward Class Welfare
- Budget Monitoring Scheme
Information to the Public on Touch Screen in Taluk Offices
- Information of A-Register and Chitta of Land Records
- Information of Old Age Pensioners
- Birth and Death Information
- Guide Line Value of Lands from Registration Department
- Citizen Charter of Government Schemes to the Public
Panchayat Service Delivery Centres
Under Rashtrya Sam Vikas Yojana Scheme of Rural Development, 32 Panchayats of 4 Blocks / Panchayat Unions are provided with Computer and accessories with internet access, managed by Self Help Group members for the use of Village people.
These centres will provide Information and Communication Technology Service to the Panchayat public at reasonable cost. Necessary training is provided to the Self Help Group members and Panchayat Assistants to maintain the centres.
infrastructure @ Collectorate
- Windows 2003 Server as Database and Web Server
- Unixware Server as Database Server
- Linux Server as Mail Server and Proxy Server for Web access over LAN
- Windows NT Server as Back-up Mail Server and Proxy Server
- Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 9x Client Systems
- Remote Access Server and Dial-in System
- LAN Terminal Server
- DirecPC and FTDMA VSAT connectivity
- ISDN connectivity with Video Conferencing Facility & Windows 9x/NT/2000/Xp based User systems connected over LAN