Tourism Plays a Key Economy for the District even though Agriculture and Fishing are the Major ones. Shrines, Places of Hindu Faith, Mosques forms the Spritual Tourism for the district. Annual Festivals and functions marks glory of the Year. Heritages like Tarangam padi Fort, Poompuhar speaks of the rich civilization of this land.
One of the major economies of the District, Agriculture contributes a higher share of Rice Production in the State. We have raised so many important agricultural crop in our District. Rice, Groundnut, Pulses, Gingelly, Sugarcane and Cotton.
Downloads - RTI
right to information act [rti]-2005
- Whereas the Constitution of India has established democratic Republic;
- And whereas democracy requires an informed citizenry and transparency of information which are vital to its functioning and also to contain corruption and to hold Governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed;
- And whereas revelation of information in actual practice is likely to conflict with other public interests including efficient operations of the Governments, optimum use of limited fiscal resources and the preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information;
- And whereas it is necessary to harmonise these conflicting interests while preserving the paramountcy of the democratic ideal;
- Now, therefore, it is expedient to provide for furnishing certain information to citizens who desire to have it.
Formation under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of Central Information Commission and State Information Commission, for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto
Right To Information
To secure access to information under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority, the constitution of Central Information Commission and State Information Commission and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
A person who desires to obtain any information under RIGHT TO INFORMATION act, shall make a request in writing or through Electronic means in English or in Tamil accompanying such fee as may be prescribed to Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer. An application making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information. On receipt of a request shall be disposed within 30 days of the receipt of the request either providing information or reject the request.
Any person who does not receive a decision within the time specified or is aggrieved by a decision of the officer, may appeal within 30 days from the expiry of such period or from the receipt of such decision.
Under the powers vested under this Act, the following commission is formed in Various Departments in Nagapattinam District to provide information to public under this act.
An application making request for information shall not be required to give any reason, for requesting the information. On receipt of a request shall be disposed within 30 days of the receipt of the request either providing information or rejecting the request.
- Right to Information is fundamental Right.
- Covers the whole of India except the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Covers entire Government, Public Sector, including Government funded organisation/Institutions Schools, Hospitals & N.G.O.
- Covers all information 'held' regardless of the form in which it is recorded i.e. any and every material in any form.
Includes right to
- Inspection of work, documents, records.
- Taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents/records.
- Taking certified Samples of material.
- Obtaining information in Diskettes, Floppies, Printouts etc.
Methods of Request for Information
- In writing Vernacular Language/English.
- By Electronic Media like Email/Fax etc.
- Orally where request cannot be made in writing PIO afford reasonable assistance to reduce it in writing.
Bringing Information to the Citizens
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide a, RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities,PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information / disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments
Objective of the Right to Information Act
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens,promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government,contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense.It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed.The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
A citizen who desires to seek some information from a public authority is required to send, along with the application, (a demand draft or a bankers cheque or n) payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority as fee prescribed for seeking information.If the person is from a disadvantaged community, he/she need not pay.The applicant may also be required to pay further fee towards the cost of providing the information, details of which shall be intimated to the applicant by the PIO as prescribed by the RTI ACT[9